Guard your business against the unexpected
If you run a B&B and are gearing up for the festive season trade, accidental damage insurance is a vital policy that you should have. It’s a top-up policy to guard your business against the unexpected. This includes accidental physical loss of, or damage to property not otherwise insured, or for which specific cover is available from Compendium.
When choosing Insurance Brokers in Cape Town or across the country, it’s always important to choose a provider that tailors insurance products to suit your needs and budget. This does not mean that they’ll sell you a cheaper option, leaving you vulnerable. Instead, they should attempt to balance the best cover with the most competitive price point.
Now that we’ve already advised you on accidental damage insurance, we’ve got a few more tips for small businesses providing accommodation over the busiest time of the year.
Know your risks
As an accommodation provider, you’re at risk of the following:
- Burglaries and break ins from forced entry or failed security measures.
- Theft of items or damage of items not the result of a break in.
- Claims from guests that injured themselves on your premises.
- Guest belongings that are stolen or damaged in a disaster like a flood or fire.
Prior to the Christmas rush, we suggest that you:
- Accept guests with caution and perhaps even look them up on social media beforehand.
- Walk through the property to see if there are any broken or damaged parts that could cause injury to paying guests.
- Lock away any personal items that are of value like laptops or jewellery, lying around common areas.
Make this festive season a stress-free one
The end of a long year is often a stressful time for many business owners. With the help of a capable broker and an efficient policy, you shouldn’t feel any additional pressure.
At Compendium, our dedicated team are always ready to assist in helping clients lead more successful and productive lives. If you’re interested in our insurance and assurance products, why not give us a call today 031 242 6800? We’d be happy to share our expertise and reliable recommendations with you.