The whole point of your home on the road is to be able to relax and enjoy all the interesting places that you’re bound to visit on your trips. Getting caravan insurance is the perfect way of ensuring that your holiday is filled with peace of mind, allowing you to enjoy the scenery all the more.
Besides insurance, you can also follow these few basic tips to make sure that your caravan is runs as well as it possibly can:
- Make sure your trailer is coupled correctly, windows are closed, doors locked and gas and electricity turned off before you drive off.
- Make sure it’s serviced at least once a year by a professional.
- Park under a shade cloth or carport to avoid hail damage.
- Check the towbar (many after-market towbars aren’t approved by the SABS).
- Don’t exceed the maximum drawing capacity of your towbar.
- Don’t exceed the maximum towing capacity of the towcar.
- Check the roadworthiness of the tyres.
As with most types of insurance, there are many options that you can choose from. The range of cover that’s finally applied to your caravan depends on your personal needs and the content of your caravan.
There are three broad categories of cover that you might want to consider. And these work quite well in South Africa, to make sure that if you have a claim that you’re well looked after.
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you might want to choose either Comprehensive cover, Third Party, Fire and Theft cover or just Third Party cover. Although there are differences between all of these types of cover, you can’t go wrong with any of them.
With so many specific types of cover and options in these different types of cover, choosing the right broker to provide this for your insurance needs is just as important as having the insurance. It is important that your cover is personalised.
At Compendium we offer a wide variety of highly flexible insurance policies. Our goal is to provide specialised, innovative and affordable financial solutions that cater for all your different types of insurance requirements.
If you’d like to find out more about caravan insurance or any other type of insurance, visit our webpage at www.cig.co.za, or contact one of our brokers on: 031 242 6800.