Risk Management Solutions Company Profile
Risks to people, assets and production is an existing part of any enterprise.
RMS offers a variety of products, services and training to assist you in managing the risks facing you or your clients’ organisations.
RMS is geared to provide cost-effective, innovative risk management solutions; designed to increase productivity and enhance corporate performance through the implementation of Collaborative Risk Management Strategy Systems.
Drawing from extensive resources, our consultants will assess your risk profile and needs and devise a custom-made and innovative risk management program to reduce or minimize these risks.
Our specialists are proficient in all risk disciplines; however, we focus specifically on the health and safety, fire, environmental, mining and engineering spheres
We specialize in the assessment of risk and the provision of cost-effective risk management guidance. Drawing from extensive resources, our consultants will assess your risk profile and needs and devise a custom-made and innovative risk management program to reduce or eliminate these risks.
Our specialists are proficient in all risk disciplines; however we focus specifically on the health and safety, fire, environmental mining and engineering spheres.
Our strengths lie in our ability to assemble a multi-disciplinary team, including being able to draw on the expertise of an established network of national and international professionals, to analyse your needs and devise methods on how best to solve the perplexing issues which your company faces.
As you can see, our hallmark is experienced teamwork which empowers us to deliver eminent benefits resulting in risk reduction and elimination which can only enhance profitability and ensure your company’s long-term survival.
Authorised Financial Services Provider FSP 45313 | RMS is a division of Cignet Administration Services (Pty) Ltd | Company Registration No. 2004/029524/07
Affiliated to: FM Global; Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa; National Fire Protection Association (USA); The Institute of Risk
- To provide specialist risk analysis.
- To devise innovative, bespoke risk management solutions.
- To reduce and minimize your company’s risks.
- To provide a comprehensive and professional service at all times.
- To always remember that we’re in business because of our customers.
- To provide tailored, innovative and affordable solutions to all market segments, including individuals and businesses ranging from small enterprises to large corporations.
- To establish a national network of like-minded risk consultants that provides us with the leverage to deliver bespoke packages to our clients, whilst retaining the personal touch that is the essence of our customer service.
- To pursue growth so we are big enough to count, but at heart always remain small enough to care.
- To provide added value to our clients by adopting the latest technology and methodologies.
- To establish and nurture long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with clients and suppliers alike.
- To demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism in all we do.
- To foster an enjoyable work environment based on mutual respect and common purpose.
To make sure you always feel good about your risk management programs and solutions.
1.Risk Control Capability
Risk Control and Specialist Surveys
- Fire Audits
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Management Plans
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Management
- Fire Designs
- Tender Evaluation and Project Management
- Risk Control Standards and Procedures Development
- Post Loss Investigations
- Insurance Underwriting Surveys
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Environmental Legislation
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Regulations
- Mine Health and Safety Act
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Study
- Recommendations for Prevention
- Implementation of Risk Control Activities
- Engineering Standards for Risk Reduction
2.Fire Control Capability
Fire Risk and Control is a highly specialized area which requires expert analysis and assessment of potential fire hazards and risks together with innovative and practical solutions on how to remedy these.
The Fire Division of Risk Management Solutions, focusses on the following key areas:
- Identification and Evaluation of Fire and Explosion Hazards
- Categorization of the Different Fire Hazards for Each Area Assessed
- Analysis of Current Fire Safety Measures in Terms of Efficacy and Adherence to Minimum Standards
- Preparation of a Risk Profile for New Projects Identifying Critical Fire Risks, Areas and Equipment to be Protected
- Tender Involvement
- Contractor Management
- Certification and Support Activities
- Industrial / Commercial Fire
3.PARTNERSHIPS – JOINT VENTURES
CIGNET Risk Management Solutions can also partner with various fire protection engineering companies on projects, should the client require. We can therefore also deliver on various other areas of Fire Engineering, designs and Installations of fire protection systems.
Our partners are all well versed and known in the fire protection industries and can therefore deliver on projects of any magnitude. These companies have been established for many years with all the relevant experience and track records. This experience enables them to undertake turnkey projects conforming to design work in accordance with both local and internationally accepted standards and codes including ASIB, SABS, NFPA, FM and LPC.
Our partner services typically include the following:
- Conceptual Design and Feasibility Estimations
- Design and Engineering
- Supply and Fabrication
- Construction and Installation
- Service, Maintenance and Training
They are Certified Members of:
- ASIB(Automatic Sprinkler Inspection Bureau)
- FDIA(Fire Detection Installers Association)
- SAQCC registered technicians
The fire systems they offer are varied and tailor made to suite the risk at hand. They fall typically into the following categories: High velocity water spray systems, Medium velocity water spray systems, Sprinkler systems, Foam sprinklers, Bund foam pouring systems, Tank top foam pouring systems, Inert gas fire protection systems, various detection and alarming systems, remote monitoring, stand-alone dedicated fire pump systems and various auxiliary hand operated mobile and fixed firefighting devices.
4.INSTALLATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Full project management and turnkey operation of construction and installation of mechanical fire sprinklers and suppression and electronic detection and gas suppression fire protection systems
The project management teams are fully conversant with various contract structures and conditions namely FIDIC, NEC etc and proficient in the project management tools in maintaining and successfully completing fire installation projects.
The projects construction crew boasts senior experienced project managers, construction managements and supervisors that have successfully completed projects all over South Africa and most of Sub-Saharan African countries.
All installation crews are or work under trained certified fire technicians.
RMS has access to state-of-the-art infra red scanning and digital recording equipment, this technology enables the detection and measurement of thermal imbalances in plant, objects and areas. Images and radiation are captured and analysed to scientifically evaluate the condition of the subject in question.
Title: CIGNET Risk Management Solutions – Divisional Manager
Qualifications: National Diploma (T3) Fire Technology
Years of Experience: +38 years
Click here for qualifications
Joseph Van Rensburg
Title: CIGNET Risk Management Solutions – Senior Risk Consultant
Qualifications: National Higher Diploma (T4) Fire Technology, MBA
Years of Experience: +43 years
Click here for qualifications
Title: Risk Consultant
Qualifications: BCom Risk Management
Years of Experience: 5 years
Click here for qualifications
Our commitment to excellence and the expert provision of risk management services has resulted in an established client-base which includes the following companies:
- RIO TINTO
- Konkola Copper Mines
- Anglo Base Metals
- Anglo Platinum
- Impala Platinum
- Lonmin Platinum
- Anglo Gold
- Read, Swatman & Voigt
- Anglo Coal
- De Beers
- BHP Billiton
- Hulett Aluminium
- Columbus Steel
- SUEK – Russia Coal Mines Siberia
RMS is a Corporate Member of IRMSA (The Institute of Risk Management South Africa), Professional Member of FEASA (Fire Engineers Association of South Africa), Members of SAESI ( South African Emergency Service Institute), Members of the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and an Corporate Member of FPASA (Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa).
1 Park Lane,
2nd Floor, Bidvest Bank Building,
Wierda Valley East,
PO Box 165,
Get a Quote
Fill in your details below to get a quote.
When you consider what it means to insure your business it’s often a common misconception that insurance only extends to tangible, material items. In actual
Engineering Insurance is a complex and highly specialized field, with unique problems and characteristics. Policies and cover range from building a domestic dwelling to multi million