Group Personal Accident Insurance
Group personal accident insurance is another way to protect your greatest asset: your employees, in the event of an accident. Accidents happen and often employees will look to their employer to cover the costs of an incident at work. Adapted to your needs, benefits can pay out in the event of death, permanent disablement, temporary total disability and medical expenses.
Cover provides compensation for death or bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means, to any principal or employee specified in the schedule.
- Either death or permanent disablement must be included in the cover.
- The proceeds of a claim under this section will be payable to the insured, i.e. the policy holder, and not necessarily the injured party.
- Cover can be for working hours only or full 24-hour cover.
- The cover is not the same as a medical aid membership or a substitute for medical scheme membership.
- Compensation will not be payable for injury occurring in certain circumstances or whilst taking part in certain activities.