If the open water is an integral part of your business operations, Compendium has a marine insurance solution for you.
From sightseeing charters and deep sea fishing to multi-million rand container shipping, our commercial cover is far reaching and highly customisable.
We represent all major marine insurers in South Africa and work with international players as well, including Lloyds of London.
Our specialist insurance team will ensure to put together a comprehensive strategy to help you navigate the deep waters of marine insurance. With Compendium, you and your business can be assured of plain sailing.
Our marine insurance products include:
- Hull insurance
- Cargo insurance (goods transported by sea, road, rail, air freight, post)
- All risk
- Total loss cover
- Machinery breakdown
- Liability cover
- Container insurance
- War zone risk
- Inland transit insurance
Special cover extensions can be arranged for every situation and cargo type, even specialized cargoes like perishables, commodities and bulk cargo.
Cover available subject to your specific transit needs are as follows:
- Marine Import and Export risks – from supplier’s warehouse overseas to final destination in South Africa and conversely
- Goods in transit risks – whether the goods are moved by the owner’s own vehicles, Road Hauliers or arranged by a Transport Broke
- Small craft risks and associated liabilities
- Stock Throughput risks – including the importation, storage and distribution of the cargo
- Certain Marine Liabilities – such as Warehouseman’s Liability and Carrier’s Legal Liability
For more information on our personal watercraft policy, covering recreational use of small
private vessels, click here.